Host your child's next birthday party at Ashburton Pool and Recreation Centre.
Our parties are a great option for children aged 5-12 years old. We'll organise everything - the entertainment, catering and clean-up - so you can just sit back and enjoy the day.
Beyond birthdays, our parties are also great team building activities for school groups, sports teams and social clubs.
We offer two styles of parties at Ashburton: Pool Parties and Stadium Parties.
Children enjoy an hour of aquatic activities led by qualified instructors, followed by thirty minutes to celebrate in the party room.
- Stadium parties
An hour of sports and active games led by qualified instructors, tailored to your child's interests, followed by thirty minutes to celebrate in the party room.
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- 2:00pm - 3:30pm
- 4:00pm - 5:30pm
Stadium parties are only available on a limited basis, as sporting groups normally book our stadium on weekends.
We still welcome expressions of interest for stadium parties.
Once you have submitted our enquiry a member of our team will confirm if your preferred dates are available.
Party package and catering
- Experienced birthday party leaders
- Activities and games in our pools or stadium
- Access to pool inflatable for pool parties
- Catering for children
- Optional catering for parents
- Party Invitations and all other equipment to make the day run smoothly
Birthday cake not included.
During our busiest times, multiple parties may be booked in at the same time. The party room will be shared but each party will have their own private section. Separate party leaders are assigned to each party and there will be no interaction between the two groups.
We offer a range of party food and finger food for kids across four catering pack options.
Drinks and platters also available.
The menu includes options for both children and parents/guardians.
While we try our best to accommodate dietary requirements and avoid cross-contamination, please be aware that the food is all prepared in the same kitchen and some cross-contamination may be possible.
Download the children's birthday party catering menu and order form.
Bookings can be made in person, by phone, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A minimum of 14 days notice is required for bookings. Parties times can book out one to two months in advance, so please book early to secure your preferred time.
Fees See birthday party prices listed on the prices page.
Information and requirements
- There is a minimum of 10 party guests per birthday party. Where 10 guests are not present, the responsible party is required to pay the minimum cost.
- All guests who participate in the birthday party (including siblings) will be included in the cost.
- Should you be unable to make your confirmed birthday party date/time, a minimum of 14 days notice is required to move your booking to an alternative date or time.
- Birthday parties are 1.5 hours in duration. Alterations to the set time slots are not possible.
- We allow access to the party room 15 minutes prior to the party
- External food is only permitted if the party is also being catered by the centre. Any external food must be nut free
- Birthday cakes are NOT included and can be brought in. Cakes can be stored at the centre on the day of the party prior to the booking.
- If your guest numbers change, notice must be given by 7.00pm on the Wednesday prior to the party.
- If a lesser number of children attend on the day, the outstanding amount based on confirmed numbers will remain payable.
- There is no minimum age for birthday participants. Any child under five must be accompanied in the water by an adult for pool parties.
- You must notify staff of any special activity needs for any participant/s upon booking.
- You must notify staff of any medical needs for any participant/s upon booking.
- No alcohol is permitted on site.
- All children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and handed over to the supervision of the birthday party leader (staff member).
- All birthday party participants must wear a blue wristband plus an age based PINK or YELLOW wristband. Children under five wear PINK, and children under ten wear YELLOW.
- The adult guardian of the birthday party child MUST remain accessible and actively supervise the group at all times.
- At the conclusion of the birthday party the child/ren will remain in the supervision of the birthday party leader and supervising parent until physically handed over to their supervising parent/guardian.
Download our full list of Terms and Conditions for Birthday Parties.