At Ashburton Pool and Recreation Centre we care about access and inclusion. That's why we offer people of all abilities the opportunity to participate in a safe and clean environment with qualified, enthusiastic and reliable staff.
Ashburton Pool and Recreation Centre is committed to community accessibility and ensuring that barriers to participation are reduced for those in need. That's why we offer a wide variety of accessible facilities (see below). We also offer different memberships to help those in our community who are least likely or unable to participate. This includes offering concessional pricing and discounted entry for holders of Companion, Carer and Seniors Cards.
The Access Key is an accessibility guide to the centre. Our Access Key has been developed to help users: understand what to expect before attending our centre; determine the suitability of an experience; alleviate anxiety about visiting new places; and interpret and process the experience whilst at the centre.
- Access Key (text version)
- Access Key Social Story (visual walk through of the Ashburton Pool and Recreation Centre)
We offer a range of accessible facilities that help provide access to people of all abilities, including:
- step free access to center;
- spaces throughout for pram parking
- interpreter service available;
- lifts with buttons raised with Braille
- clear wheelchair circulation space, excluding lift;
- motorised scooters permitted on pool deck;
- pool access ramps and handrails;
- pool hoist available on request;
- water wheelchairs available;
- unisex, accessible toilets with artificial lighting;
- shower with HHSH, grab bars, curtain and shower bench;
- baby change.
For more information on our accessibility services, take a look at our Access Key.
BindiMaps is an accessible wayfinding app that uses intuitive audio, map and text directions to guide people in indoor spaces like shopping centres, recreation facilities and hospitals, and more accurately than GPS in outdoor precincts such as at music festivals and sports facilities.
The app experience is optimised for people with a disability - particularly people with a vision impairment and wheelchair users, who can navigate via wheelchair friendly routes.
BindiMaps are now available at all of the Boroondara Leisure and Facilities.
Download the BindiMaps app now and find your way around our facilities, better!